Saturday, November 16, 2019

A SATURDAY NIGHT HO-DOWN AT McLEAN'S


Lowell cslls me up,
invites me to this soiree
at this joint he's chilling at.
Tells me there's gonna be
two hot smart babes, Anne & Sylvia,
who can't wait to meet me.
Bring some of your stuff,
we're gonna read a little,
consume some flammable liquid,
and then--
God only knows.

Beautiful & brilliant they were.
Two chicks,
from the right side of the tracks
and the far side of chemistry
that ate pain like candy
made choosing impossible:
Daddy/Lady Lazarus
The Black Art/The Ambition Bird;
pleasures multiplying
with each turn of phrase;
a void opening
into the yawning mouth
of a womb-like cave.

I'm fucked now,
they're killin me,
I tell Lowell
before I split.
"Wait," he replies,
"I can always
get you a room."

Norman Savage
Greenwich Village, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment