Tuesday, August 7, 2018

IT'S DAYS LIKE THIS


when I'm feeling most fine,
when my body hums
with glucose regularity,
obeying the speed limits
of 80-120 defying its dead
insulin producing organ,
when words dance
like a mad Nureyev
in my brain,
when a woman
is preparing me dinner
while I get my heart
up to speed,
when tragedies zip by
without stopping...
that I most want a cigarette,
a shot of dope,
a whorey woman
with a sick grandmother,
when I want some madness
to descend
on top of my head
crashing like the cymbals
on Elvin Jone's drums;
I want something,
anything,
to show me
who the hell
I am.

Norman Savage
Greenwich Village, 2018

3 comments:

  1. Norman,
    Listening to Sam Cooke. Thinking of you and your upcoming birthday. Drop me a line. Don't make me Google your obit. xxoo, Clara (St. Augustine, FL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have only gv... e-address. Will try that.

    ReplyDelete