Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANK YOU...

for helping me
get laid
more often
than I had any right to:
Thank you
Smokey,
and Sam,
Marvin, Mary and
Curtis;
thank you
Shirelles, Marvelettes,
and Chiffons;
thanks folks
for helping
create the heat
the words
the whispers
when I was just feeling
my way along; trying
to just somehow touch a tit;
allowing my fingers
to snap
and unlock
a clasp or two.
Thank you Billie,
and Bud and Bird and Miles and Monk
and Dinah and Nina and Sarah
and T.S. and J. Alfred and crazy Ezra,
and Freddy N. and Immanuel the K,
and K as in Franz, and Coney Island
and Greenwich Village and times
of left handedness and black stockings
and no bras no brains no problem;
thank you Lenny
and Mort and George and Rich
for opening up
many a lady
through a laugh;
thank you Bobby D,
and Allen and Roi,
and Buk and Mark B. and Fran L and Skaggs,
and Phil and Toni.
Thank you
for giving me parts of you
that you didn't know
you'd given me
and,
after digestion,
was me
to them.
You made it easier
for me
to sucker punch
them
while singing
all these
beautiful songs
which became
my song.

And, for all
of the above you also get
a heartfelt and hardy:
FUCK YOU,
too.
Don't look so surprised--
you know exactly
what I mean.

Norman Savage
Greenwich Village, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment