Thursday, April 26, 2018

MOVE OVER MOM...MORE THAN A SOMEWHAT RANCID PLEA


some other women
want to fuck me
and you guard the gates
like you own me.

Don't be selfish,
let them
get under the covers
too. Big bed,
plenty of space
in my head
& yours.

You've had me
so long
& I've grown so old
there's not much danger
in you not going
into the dirt with me.

And they're so young
& so beautiful
& so foolish
& forgetfull
& eager
to please.
Yes, smaller breasts,
yes, gentile minds,
yes, making statements
with their pussies;
yes, from Senagal,
from the lower east side,
Jamaica, Princeton, jail,
but they know
my heart
& where it runs
along a long line
of blues singes.

I've sponged up
your neurosis
like it was milk.
Your shelf life
seems to be past.
So before
you curdle
and my belly bloats,
ease up,
& let up,
& please
move the hell over--
I've got someone
coming over.

Norman Savage
Greenwich Village, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment